10.02.2009

Scam Alert: Cornelia Dassault


If you received a Cornelia Dassault letter, then you are a smart person. How do I know? Because you took it upon yourself to go online to do some research. You want to know if the letter is valid or if it is a scam. You are suspicious of things that sound too good to be true, and that is something that will serve you well for the rest of your life. You are a skeptic and it just saved you some money.

The CORNELIA DASSAULT SCAM has been around for over a year. I first wrote about it here, and since then have received numerous comments and emails from people around the world who have received a letter inviting them to become rich - for a small fee. Although there are variations in the scam, basically this is how it works:

You receive a letter from some rich person, usually a Dr. Grant from the Netherlands. He has recently visited a psychic who told him that, to avoid future misfortune, he must give some of his money away. The psychic takes his hand and he feels something like a small electrical shock. The psychic, named Cornelia Dassault and given the title 'Master of All Ancestral Secret Formulas', tells him that she has a vision of who must receive some of his money - and that person turns out to be you. Dr. Grant, who is officially known as the 'President of the Multi Millionaires Club', writes you and says he will send you the money, usually in the form of two or three checks. All you have to do is fill out some information - very personal information - so he knows who to send the money to or where to deposit it. Also, he invites you to purchase, for a very small fee, a small charm called 'The Great Trigger of Wealth'. All you have to do is think about what you desire most for one minute each day. With the charm, you will be able to win at gambling, make money in the stock market, etc.

That is the essence of the Cornelia Dassault scam. If you have received a similar letter, DO NOT RESPOND! If you do, you will have provided these scammers with your personal information as well as money for a small, useless charm. Your name will go on a list of gullible people and you will be inundated with letters, emails, and calls from other scammers. There only purpose is to separate YOU from your money.

In his letter, Dr. Grant writes that this is the first time he has written to anyone he has not yet met. That is a lie. Although this letter writing scam may have started in Ireland, it has made its way to SOUTH AFRICA, MEXICO, MALAYSIA, NEW ZEALAND, BELGIUM, AUSTRALIA, ALGERIA, PHILIPPINES, and NORWAY. This is a very large letter writing campaign. These people would not be doing this if they were not making money. If they send out 100 letters, all they need is one person to send them money - then they have enough money to send out 1000 letters. Maybe ten people respond, and before long they are sending out hundreds of thousands of letters, with thousands of people responding. DO NOT BE ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE!

Here are some interesting comments I have received:

Scam is in new zealand, received a letter via post mail today.. Dr. Grant is apparently working with IES (international express services) and they are asking that people send a fee of $120 to receive a financial package with value of over $1000.. the document if someone doesn't know any better is extremely well done.
----------
It is now Australia. Carsten Kruger lives in the USA and Cornelia Dassault wants to help me as well. It is all in Australian dollars - 3 cheques for $5,000 after you pay $55. Oh and Dr Grant has moved to The Netherlands - PO Box 40215 in Maarssen.
----------
Cornelia Dassault wants to help me as well. 3 cheques for $5,000 after you pay $55. But you another $5000, making it a total of $20K. Dr Grant has moved to The Netherlands.
Well worth the read...very clever and it will suck people in.
----------
It seems that these people's scam has traveled all around the world. I just received such a letter this morning. Martin Felder, Financial Director of Club of Mutimillionaires, informs me about 3 checks of $5,000.00 each as a donation from a Mr. Carsten Kruger the Dr. A. Grant reiterates this happy event then introduces Cornelia Dassault and another check for $5,000.00 from Cornelia plus "The Greater Trigger of Wealth" for a 'symbolic' amount of $40.00. I live in the Philippines.
----------
I received the same letter 20 minutes ago and it made me so excited. God answered my prayers, that is my initial reaction. But it made me think who will give me this much these days. Then I opened my computer and try to search for cornelia. Bingo! I found that it is fake and just a scam. I wonder who are the people who have been a victim of these kind of scams. Thanks for this kind of information as it really help.
----------
My best friend got sucked into the first of many steps which will get her,wait for it...$7 million dollars.She is only out about $100 CAD but they wanted more for her to go further(always a red flag for me). Also from the Netherlands with only a post office box# and not even a phone# on a single paper. Thank you for posting this as she was going to keep sending cash...
While it is nice to imagine that, some stranger is going to give you a lot of money for no reason, that is not the way the world works. In the REAL WORLD, there are overwhelmingly more people who want to take money FROM you than give money TO you. They work hard at this. Think about it. You would not give your money to a stranger without expecting something in return. Maybe you're buying clothes or food. Or maybe you willingly give your money to a charity, knowing that they will use it to help other people. But what motivation does someone have to give you money without expecting something in return? Do not delude yourself into thinking that you've lived a good life, been nice and helpful to other people, and that, in some sense, you deserve this good fortune. Perhaps you do, but it won't be coming from a stranger. Not Dr. Grant. Not Cornelia Dassault. There are greedy people behind these scams and they don't care what your personal situation is. But they know they can make money off the gullibility of others. Unfortunately for them, they won't be taking your money because you were wise enough to do the research. You were skeptical.

Here are some other links for more information on this scam:

'Supernatural' Letter Scam Warning
Customer beware as 'psychic' gift scam targets Irish homes
Club of Multimillionaires Complaints
Customer beware as 'psychic' gift scam targets Irish homes
Cornelia Dassault and the President of the Multi-Millionaire's Club

47 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just got this leter in the mail today(10/17/09). I decided to chech into Carsten Kruger- came across one in the movie industy. So I posted a question in his blog to see if he was the one refferred to. Then I found your site in the lineup. So, I'm glad I know the truth, because I, too, could use that money to pay off some bills & relocate. MAN! I hate getting this like this when it's not true!!!

Anonymous said...

In 2004,my father received a letter like this and how many times he replied together with the money asked. For how many years he has been receiving a letter saying that he will become rich sooner. Until my father died in 2007 buried with those hope. In 2009, same letter was delivered home and my mother replied saying that the recipient(my father) of the said prize amounting to $1,575,000 is already dead. So Dr. Grant & Mrs. Cornelia Dassault were too generous enough giving my mother the chance to receive a WONDERFUL DONATION instead. My poor mother(67 yrs old) replied promptly together with $40 asked for documentation purposes. And paid Php 1,201.00 for an express mail. Only Php 900.00 left from her pension, allocating for her food and medications. Yesterday(Feb.08,2010), again the letter arrived sending four cheques for $5,000 each, a total of $20,000 to be used only for the purchase of the PRECIOUS ANCESTRAL HERITAGE. But the total cost for the succession of that said heritage is set at $20,500. $450 will be paid by the "Club of Multimillionaires" All we have to do is to add $50 to come up the whole amount for us to own the PRECIOUS ANCESTRAL HERITAGE. So I decided to search for this people and thank God I found this page. For Dr. Grant & Mrs. Dassault, "MATAKOT KAYO SA DIOS"

Anonymous said...

I have just recieved this rubbish in the mail in Sydney and I think it is degusting that it should be allowed to go on,he gets gullible people's hope ups and hopefully they are smart enough to do a little research, like I did I'm not rich I just live from week to week.I'm sending his papers to as many people that I know. his address is P.O Box 40215
NL 3504 AA Maarssen Holland. I hope he rots.....

Anonymous said...

aI just got a letter asking me to reply within 7 days in order for me to receive the 3 cheques of R50 000 each which is a wonderful donation from Cornelia...

From:unemployed South African

Secret Agent 86 said...

Well i received this same scam in the mail 7/13/2010.
I am still laughing my head.
These bastards ARE persistent...
I am located in Barbados, in the Caribbean
Can't wait to get my trigger of wealth...

salma hayek said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
juliaroberts said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
carrie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peter A. Robertson said...

This scam is now hitting Canada. I must say they have spent a lot of money on it. However, the chap who has been pbotographed as "Dr.Grant" looks like a Fuller Brush salesman; the "secretary's" last name is Babel, and the addresses are all over the map. The English is stilted: The Club of Millionaires is a direct translation of "Club des Millionaires", a brand of sardines. Grant? Babel? give me a break! By the way, the sardines are real, and are very good.

Anonymous said...

hey, today i received one of these letters, its may 26 2011, why can't we stop these guys?

Hinerangi said...

Are the Netherlands full of "Mediums "Clairvoyants" I am bombarded with mail from these scammers.
Come on people lets shut them down

Anonymous said...

Live in a small rual town in Tennessee and just received this letter. Thank you for the site and thank goodness for the internet!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I received this letter today. I thought it was cool until the asked for the $40. Then I knew it had to be a scam, but decided to verify my suspicions here on the internet. I love technology. Thanks :)

Anonymous said...

I live in North Carolina and just got this letter today. I work in Law Enforcement and knew right away it was a scam. 8/1/2011

Felipe Astete said...

Iam from Chile, and i received this letter too, (today August 5th,2011).Thank you for the information. you saved me some money hehe

Anonymous said...

i jus received a letter sayin i had won some money but i have to pay to receive that money.so i said to myself if i won money why do i have to pay to get the money.thats why i google it.i guess what they say is trueif its to good to be true then it is

Marge said...

I received some such letter & my husband said look up their names on the internet, am I glad I did , they asked me to send R300, THANKYOU you saved me a lot of money, I am a pensioner & can ill afford to throw away money but have to admit I was sorely tempted, Thank goodness for the internet & your site.
Marge South Africa.

Ahmed form Multan said...

These are just stupid people and nothing else...
They have played with our emotions.... I have also received a letter But I am sending it back to them but with out money...

Anonymous said...

My,my, Mrs Cornelia Dassault certainly gets around doesen't she. I live in the UK and I too have receieved a letter from her promising me the earth and riches beyond belief. However one has to send money up front. Hmmmmmmm. What I'm going to do is buy Lottery tickets to the value they want me to send, that way I do at least have an honest chance of winning something. Sending money to Dr.A. Grant & Co will bring nothing, not even a chance. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Anonymous said...

I also received a mail today, Aug 16, 2011 promising US$20,000 which I could surely use right now. But as a christian, I prayed for God's revelation and He led me to the internet. Thank God for Jesus, He always answers prayers; and thanks to you guys for commenting on this heinous crime to let people know that it is really a scam.

The ugly truth is that some people get sucked into this because they are desperate and the small amount that they have to pay these thieves cannot be compared to the tidy some that they would receive if it were true. My advice to people is to use wisdom and if they don't have wisdom, the Bible said that they should ask for it.

I am from Jamaica in the Caribbean.

Anonymous said...

I just received this letter today 22 August 2011 - It is such a let down when you discover that it is a scam, wish we could do something to stop these people!!! AM South Africa

Anonymous said...

was at work this afternoon when my daddy called me that ive recieved a letter . i asked him to open it since i was not expectin any letter from a person. he said ive won a lottery and is a big fat money of 20000 dollars. so i said to ma self this is a scam im too wise to be csamed at this time of the season.Im in Ghana

Anonymous said...

Anonymous: I live in the Bahamas and just got a letter from Dr. A. Grant & Mrs.Dassault. Thank you very much for this website. I wasn't sending them money without checking things out. Lord knows I could use that kind of cash right now but better safe than sorry

Anonymous said...

hello guys i m ishaq khan from nowshera pakistan so this is fake because when a person want to help with u or want to give some money than how he will say that firstly pay for me....so what is this........
Thanks all of you...

Anonymous said...

I'm in Zimbabwe and i got the same letter from Grant. However the mail moves slowly and it was much later when I responded against my wifes wishes, without enclosing any money. Before i could expect a response i got another letter asking for a processing fee of USD10.00 and i became suspicious and decided to check online. i asked myself why someone wolud want ten dollars to give 20 000. Just deduct from the 20 000.

Anonymous said...

I live in the South East Suburbs of Melbourne, Australia received today's date 20/11/2011 letter from Martin Felder from the Club of Multi-Millionaires, confirmed that I have won a unique cheque for $50,000, they want $50.00 Aust. reply envelope addressed to Dr Grant PO Box The Netherlands. I have definitively been named the main recipient of the communique. Then read the small print. They must thinks its the first I have received. It went in the one way fax. WGM

Anonymous said...

I actually got the letter a week ago, and i already responded to it, but guess what? i didn't send any money with it! i only checked the spots that Cornelia Dassault said sign to acccept the checque, and i did but sent No penny! THey've still got my contact information but it's Ok, I'll always be careful! Carsten Kruger and Cornelia Dassault, I hope you guys will burn in hell, and before you even die would live the ugliest and hardest life ever! I pray God that you two will have a constant heart attack and stroke! i pray God that you guys will have a permenanet depression, anxiety, fear, and horrible health! i wish the worst for you guys! and i mean the very worst!

Anonymous said...

I have just received this letter, sent from Zurich (Switzerland) with the address to reply to being "Dr. Grant, Postbus 10, AT-3133 Traismauer Oostenrijk"(Austria)

So there you are, the letter from one country, with the reply to be sent to another country, should warn you that this is not a good idea.

The best thing to do is send the letter to be recycled with your other waste paper, this is the only benefit this letter will have for anyone.

Anonymous said...

I just got one to i find it funny that people think that it's that eazy ima send my back with a photo copy of my ass lmao

Anonymous said...

25 May 2012. Scam also now in England. I received this letter today seemingly posted in England as well. Dr Grant has changed his box no to 1061 but otherwise same letter requesting signatures!
I didn't really believe it but am
glad I checked the Internet. There
will be no reply from me! Anonymous

Leigh said...

Just received a letter advising if I sent NZ $70 to a Dr Grant at P O Box 1061,NL-3600 BB Maarssen,The Netherlands I would recieve NZ $30,000 as I had been picked from a draw which I might add I had never entered.So pleased to see that there was a blog pertaining to these rip offs.Othr names that appeared on notification was D.Holsten,S Burger and F Richard.

Anonymous said...

I live in Australia and received a letter from Dr Grant saying I had won the annual endowment $25000AU. The address he is now using is; PO Box 2517 NL-6401 DAY Heerlen The Netherlands. Thank you cyber world. U saved me $65.

Anonymous said...

Today 24 Jamuary 2012 I recieved a letter from one Dr. Grant telling me that I had won NZD $50,000.00. I don't have to pay anything to receive the check but I can choose to pay NZD $60 to receive "The Method" his method to win big and always win big. I was seriously considering it since it is free of charge but i thought I would do some research because i have been receiving a lot of spam snail mail ever since I joined the European Lottery Guild , which I also think is a waste of time. Thank you Internet and the smart people trying to make people aware of scammers.

Anonymous said...

I have been getting these letters from various people for a few months now...I cannot believe they keep sending them.
Today I sent a return note stating,"Send me the 50,000 dollars and THEN I will send you 50.00 dollars...... they should get a good laugh out of this.
Personally, I think they all should be prosecuted for fraud.

Anonymous said...

Ciao sono una ragazza italiana,scusa se non scrivo in inglese ma non riesco. Mia zia sta ricevendo da mesi tante di queste lettere, ma noi naturalmente non ci abbiamo creduto, però vorremmo sapere come fare a non riceverne più, perchè nonostante non rispondiamo loro continuano ad inviarcele. Grazie e scusa ancora per l'italiano :)

Anonymous said...

I received a form stating I was the winner of $50,000 and was to send $50 to Dr. Grant in Austria. The letter is mailed from Zurich, Switzerland so RED FLAG right there! The received letter was allegedly sent by registered mail but came by normal first class. If I send $50 to Dr. Grant in Austria for a "revoultionary method of numerology", another registered letter will be sent to me containing a check for the $50,000 and for an additional $5 it will be sent by priority mail. I Am given the choice of not sending the $50 and the money then will be delivered sometime during the next 12 months or I can refuse this offer and let someone else be declared the winner. This letter is now in CANADA, please be aware! I am glad people out there post complaints about these scammers. Please people do not giv eyour money to these crooks!

Anonymous said...

Hi i recieved the same letter saying confirmation of acceptance which was three cheques for NZ$5.000 and an additional $5.000.00 totaling NZ$20.000.00 from the same crowd and they tell me it's urgent and i have to reply back in 7 days. The letter i got 2 days ago and the date on the letter is the 29th of January 2013. I was really fooled by this but i'm glad i didn't send them the amount the amount of NZ$70.00.It's in New Zealand again and the FBI do need to get on to these people to stop what they are doing. I was going to go to my local police station but the police and the law or government don't do anything. Does anyone know how to get a hold of the FBI because i'm willing to show them the letter that i got. I feel sorry for those that have paid money to these clowns as we are all strugling. I'm on a benefit like alot of people with two young daughter's that i have to support. Shame on you scamming bustards cause your going down.

Anonymous said...

I Keep Receiving These Letters Almost Every Week, And Am Sick And Tired Of These SCAMMING MONGRELS. Something Needs To Be Done To Put A Stop To This, As I Am Sure Many Desperate People Are Getting Caught.--I Live In Tasmania--Australia.

Om Prakash said...

Hello.............sir...

Narotam Singh said...

Hello sir.....

Narotam Singh said...

Sir good morning ......
I received a letter of cheque claim form of $ 49500 on date 9 February 2013.I completely filled it and enclosed 500+ 2500 total amount of Rs3000 and send back to you .

After this I received other letter confirmation for aceptance of which was three cheque $5000 and one additional $5000 cheque. I completely filled it and send back to you

After this I received the other letters from money bank xiv $20000 prize issuance voucher . I completely filled it and enclosed the postal order of Rs 800 and send back to you.

After the above letter I received the other letter of cheque claim document of $30000 on date 4 may 2013. I completely filled it and send back to you.

Sir I belong to a poor family and I have no sources for earnest money . It creat so many problem .my sons studies in school. I hardly earned money for sons education .
Sir for me you are my god my and my sons feature is on your hand . I have also bank loan . Sir due to these bad condition I cannot sleep in night.
SO PLEASE SIR HELP ME FOR THIS


NAME NAROTAM SINGH
Vill Manani
P.O. Goshaini
Teh. Banjar
Disst Kullu (H.P.) INDIA
PIN CODE 175123


1. A/c
PNB 0596000101132352
BRANCH CODE 0087
IFSC CODE PUNB0059600
SWIFT CODE PUNBINBBCHA
2. A/c
PNB 4454000100061980
BRANCH CODE 0087
IFSC CODE PUNB0445400
SWIFT CODE PUNBINBBCHA

Narotam Singh said...

Sir my phone no.. +919418204149
+919625212149

facebook ID +919625212149

Anonymous said...

I got one of those scam letters saying I won $25,000 and yah I didn't respond .Thanks for posting this so I could confirm my gut feelings on the junk mail we get.It was from the Netherlands and also had a N.J. address . bbbbahhh!

bryan and audrey said...

thank you most sincely,scam alert we got one today 21 Oct 2013 Brunei
Darussalam BERAKAS SO HE IS ACTIVE IN AUSTRALIA YOUR WAY OF THE WOO 10.02 09 IS 4 YEARS AGO AUDREY HAD EYE OP 18.OCT 2013 WE COULD REALY DO WITH THAT $25000 00

Anonymous said...

I too got a letter from cortneila dassault saying i need help and she wants to reach out to me and send me money for a fee of $55. the sad thing is i was so close i prepares the envelope i signed the papers and i thought to myself when i get off work I'm going torun to the post office. but something told me to look it up first then i found this website. ITS A SCAM! i make maybe 16k a year if I'm lucky my dad has kidney disease in 16k debt with a car lot and would love to get my business going which would cost me a total of about 11k. i cried when i saw this thinking maybe there is good people in the world i suppose not. scammers make at minimum 70k a year it sucks being 22 with dreams and staying positive and be crushed time after time. I'm not going to lie i have sent in 20$ here and there in hopes i get that 2.5million ever since then i get scam letters in my mail box approximately 20x a month. i regret ever sending money those 4x. :-( i wish i knew how to block those letters. any tips on how??**

Anonymous said...

I truely agree some people are very poor and could very well use the money. no lie noo joke in seriousness my dad has kidney disease and i am way in debt and my dad is living with me. he is 38 and i am 22 married and have a daughter who did not come from my womb i hate the step word when it comes to children point being her mother is not a good mom uses the child for a punching bag and an ash tray also uses her like a toy baby doll she can thriw any where. well longer story shorter I TOO CAN USE THE FOR REAL MONEY AND NOT RHE SCAMMERS FAKE LETTERS THAT LIFT YOU AND DROP U IN 5MINUTES. I TOO AGREE TAKING FROM PEOPLE IS BAD BUT POOR PEOPLE THAT'S EVEN WORSE CAUSE WE ARE THE BOTTOM PEOPLE AND WE ARE THE ONES TO WIPE THE RICHNESS ASSES AND THEY WANT TO GET RID OF US???? WHY THEY THEN WOULD HAVE TO DO THE HARD WORK AND FOR RICHER THAN THEMSELVES THINK TWICE BEFORE VOTING AGAINST THE POOR PERSON THAT RECIEVES GOVERNMENTAL HELP. CAUSE U MAY TO TURN TO BE THE POOR PERSON AND THEN U TOO WILL HATE THE RICHES . .

MORGAN LEE said...

Do you need a loan,get fast loan offer
now.
Are you going through financial
difficulty or you are in
any financial mess,and you need funds
to start up your
own business,or you need loan to
settle your debt or
pay off your bills,start a nice
business,or you are
finding it hard to obtain capital loan
from local banks,contact us today via
email
address:morganfinacialhome@outlook.com So do not
let these opportunity pass you by. Please these is for serious minded and God fearing
People.
APPLICATION FORM
Name:_________ Address:_
__________
Country:_________
Occupation:_________
Loan Request__________
Purpose of loan__________
Loan Duration__________
Monthly Income:_________
:_________
LOAN DURATION__________
Kindly get back to us through our
email
Email: morganfinacialhome@outlook.com