5.12.2009

Star Trek Reboot


I saw the new Star Trek movie over the weekend and was surprised that it really worked well. I'm not a rabid Trekkie but I'm happy with this reboot to the franchise, if only for nostalgia's sake.

I only have one small nit: escape hatches in reactant feed tubes. That's just silly. If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times - there are NO escape hatches in reactant feed tubes! A risk analysis simply wouldn't have called for one and no engineer would design one. Other than that (and the rehashed plot), everything else was outstanding.

In the future, plan to see Zachary Quinto (Spock) fight typecasting, Chris Pine (Kirk) fight weight gain, and John Cho (Sulu) fight to stay in the closet.

2 comments:

Matthew Pickard said...

I'm going to see it tonight with the wife!

The skepTick said...

I plan to see it soon on IMAX once tickets become available.